What is networking
It’s not so much about who you know but who knows you.
It’s not so much about working the room but being in the right room.
It’s the process of
- Nurturing and
relationships in order to maximise opportunities for yourself and others.
Being an effective networker enables you to:
- source strategic partners, services, resources
- access promotion or a new job
- operate effectively in a global marketplace
- gain help and advice
- share good practice
- research information
- promote products and services
- enhance teamwork
- champion your ideas
- raise profile (internally and externally)
Keith Ferrazzi, former CMO Starwood Hotels said:
What distinguishes highly successful people from everyone else is the way they use the power of relationships so that everyone wins.
Download my networking handbook