2015 Ravenscroft Lecture: 18 February
Bryan Cave LLP, 6th Floor, 88 Wood Street, London EC2V 7AJ
6.30 – 9.00pm | Cost £25 (inc vat)
Glass at the Cutting Edge – shaping our future
Glass is all around us, but did you know it …
- can repair broken bones?
- underpins the energy generation that powers your life?
- is at the heart of our communication and computing?
- is in your toothpaste that heals sensitive teeth?
- can help you to hit your golf ball further?
- adds the sparkle to the Master’s lip-stick and nail polish?!
In his lecture, Rob Ireson, Innovation Team Leader, Glass Technology Services will highlight how glass has shaped the way we currently live before opening your eyes to see how the potential of glass to transform your future is truly astonishing.
Taking fundamental glass chemistry and a little blue-sky thinking, he will explore how glass-based technologies might transform the way we live and interact with the world as scientific capabilities and funding start to unravel the mysteries locked within.
Be prepared to be amazed!
6.30 Reception with sparkling wine
8.00 Drinks & Canapes
Supporting the Glass Sellers Charity STEM Educational Projects